I learned: Kombucha is a fermented tea that is often used for medicinal purposes. (Disclaimer: The medicinal claims vary and have not been supported by the FDA, so do your own research and come to your own conclusions.) The kombucha can be brewed at home by using tea and a "SCOBY," or Symbiotic Colony of Bacteria and Yeast. Care must be taken to maintain the proper pH and cleanliness of all components of the brewery process, to avoid contamination. Make sure to read more about this process after you win, so you can take full advantage of everything Kombuchick is going to provide:
- Starter solution and SCOBY
- A satchel of homebrew tea blend, enough for a gallon-size set-up
- 8 oz spiced organic cane sugar blend
- The "Kombuchick Guide to Kombucha Homebrewery"
- 2 unbleached coffee filters and a rubber band, for covering your set-up
- a BOGO discount card, for your next sweetener blend purchase
- 24/7 online homebrew support
Sounds great, right??
If you'd like to give the kombucha a try, please read below for the entry rules.
However, if you're hesitant about trying kombucha but would still like to participate in Kombuchick's giveaway, she is generously offering an alternative prize:
an ounce of loose "Midsummer's Musk" black and oolong tea, with herbs grown organically in Kombuchick's own garden.