Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Welcome

Hello, everyone!

Welcome to Fishing and Wishing, your source for "Not-so-fishy reviews." I was being kind of silly when I picked that name: My husband is really into fishing, and I was a marine biologist before meeting my husband and becoming a mom, so fish are really important in our lives. There are lots of fish around our house, and we still talk about them regularly... Also, I feel like a lot of times, PR blogs will review and give away anything and everything under the sun. You will not find that here. Here, on Fishing and Wishing, I will try to present a wide variety of goodies for you, but I won't just give away anything. It will be restricted to items and services that I feel are good for you, good for the planet, good for something. I will always provide my true and real opinion in my reviews. If I don't like something, I will absolutely say so in a review.

Anyway, please please please click the "follow" button over there on the right, and add me to your Reader. Check back frequently, because I plan to get things hopping around here!

Again, welcome, and thanks for joining me in this new venture.

6 comments:

  1. How'd you get a button? If you did it yourself will you help me make one for my blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I rarely get to see a blog in it's first stages! Congrats. Welcome :) and I'm following you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks JS!!

    Steph, I made the button, yes. Did you snag it? Snag it and post it on your blog if not and let me know if it "works." if it does, then I'll help ya! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the blogasphere!

    I look forward to hearing what you have in store for all of us :)

    Everyone started out this way with a name and a couple of subscribers, so I look forward to seeing you grow and being your blogger friend!

    Maybe think about putting an email subscriber button to your site so people can subscribe via email (I know that's the only way I remember to visit some blogs daily LOL).

    If you need help with anything, please let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your mission here. And I think it's awesome that you were a marine biologist - when I was little that's what I wanted to be, until I realized I'm not so great at a lot of higher level science-y stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this blog, great job Melanie!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make the blogosphere go 'round. Thanks for leaving yours!