Tuesday, July 13, 2010

I'm a Versatile Sugar Doll!

Say what?!


Fishing and Wishing has been in existence for just 3½ weeks now, and already we've gotten THREE blog awards! So I guess it's about high time I posted about them, huh?

Stephanie from Our Life in Words and Melanie from My Side of Life have BOTH given me:



Award!

As well, Melanie from My Side of Life also gave me:

Thank you for the awards, Sugar Boogers! Uh, I mean, ladies! ;)


The rules of The Versatile Blogger Award are as follows:

1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you this award.
2. Share seven things about yourself.
3. Pass this award along to fifteen bloggers who you have recently discovered and who you think are fantastic for whatever reason!
4. Contact the bloggers you’ve picked and let them know about the award.

*and*

The rules of The Fabulous Sugar Doll Blogger Award are:

1. Thank the person who gave you this award.
2. Share 10 things about yourself.
3. Pass the award along to 10 bloggers who you have recently discovered and who you think are fantastic!
4. Contact the bloggers you've picked and let them know about the award.

So, in this interest of not putting you all to sleep at this great, late hour, I'm going to 'cheat' a little bit and combine them!

Random Things About Moi:

1. I like to tickle myself in the ear with pen caps.

2. I've had a nose ring since I was 21 (I'm 33 now), and I love it... but it's too low on my nostril and I hate that part of it.

3. In my past (pre-hubs and kids) life, I was a marine biologist studying shark feeding behavior.

4. My husband and I run a charity in memory of our son Robby: CARE Package, Inc.

5. I hate mustard and will SCREAM if it touches me. *shudder*

6. When I have to pee, I hold it for as long as I possibly can, until I'm about to have an accident. I know it's unhealthy, but on the other hand, I can go for an entire day without using the bathroom. (Except when I'm pregnant, but that hasn't been an issue in half a decade.)

7. We lived in Guam for four short months, back when I was pregnant with the twins. I went snorkeling when I was six months and absolutely ENORMOUS, but only hubby got to go SCUBA diving there. I'm extremely jealous of him for that.

8. Not quite a year and a half ago, I had gastric bypass surgery. I've lost almost 190 lbs since then. It's awesome!!

9. I have been fluent in Spanish in the past, but I've lost a lot of my fluency, because I'm afraid to use it in front of native speakers. I'm so shy!!

10. If I won the lottery, I would give everyone I know an iPhone. I love it that much.

11. I don't play the lottery. Sorry.

12. My current dream car is the Smart For Two. Love those little cuties!

13. I'm going to be homeschooling my three kiddos for the first time starting next month (or possibly September, I'm still deciding). I'm excited and nervous all at once!

14. I was born with a hole in my heart that was supposed to kill me. My parents, who were Christian Scientists, opted to pray instead of having the life-saving surgery, and here I am, with no detectable heart problems. Not even a murmur.

15. Prayer and Christian Science didn't save my mother, who died suddenly at the age of 33, when I was seven.

16. I'm terrified the world as we know it is going to end in six months or less, thanks to this article, and the only thing keeping me from going crazy with worry is the Effexor I take for my bipolar disorder!

17. I don't want to end on that note, so... I really want to go do something else besides blog right now, but I can't figure out whether to watch my latest Netflix movie (500 Days of Summer), work on the shawlette I'm knitting myself, work on the blanket I'm crocheting for CARE Package, or go make those homemade crackers I've been talking about for the past two days...

Some blogs to which I'd like to give both of these awards are:

1. Becca's Backyard

2. I think ... therefore I blog

3. Tat's What She Said

4. Le Château des fleurs

5. Half-Past Kissin' Time

Guess I better go notify these lovely ladies of their awards... but if I don't, it's because, well, I'm forgetful like that. :P

☺☺☺☺☺

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make the blogosphere go 'round. Thanks for leaving yours!