Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Review: Wooden Intarsia by Wooden Art by Tom


Yesterday, I received this adorable wooden intarsia bear from the Etsy shop Wooden Art by Tom, and let me tell you, I was just as impressed with my Ted E. Bear in person as I was from the pictures I saw in the shop!

My Ted E. Bear is dated, numbered and signed on the back. He took 5 hours and 29 pieces of wood to create. A list of the wood is also included: Knotty Pine, Walnut, Birch, Mulberry, and Cherry. Finally, there is a note on the bottom that reads, "Intarsia: A wood mosaic of pieces glued and fitted into a support. Popular in the 15th century in Italy for decoration. [or] The art or process of such work."

So there you have it, in a nutshell!


The pieces of my bear are intricately detailed so that they fit together perfectly on the support. The whole thing measures approximately 9.5" tall, 7.5" wide, and 1" thick. All of the edges are smooth and rounded, so there is no danger of getting a splinter. The colors, which are the natural hues of the various kinds of wood listed above, are rich and amazing.


Best of all, ALL of the pieces use reclaimed wood. I love that!


I absolutely love this little guy. I only have one problem with him: Where am I going to put him? In one of the kids' rooms? But who gets him? And then he won't be on display for our visitors downstairs! LOL It's a conundrum, I tell you, but one I'm happy to have.

SHOP!!


Right now, Wooden Art by Tom is having a 25% off "Christmas in July" sale, through 25 July 2010!

There are lots of other great items in the shop, including:




All kinds of other bears, including bears with different careers, the Halloween "ghost" bear, a Cupid bear, soccer bear, and this adorable Birth Announcement Bear!



"Got Cheese?" can be had for less than $30 during the sale! Isn't it terribly cute?!


This wreath is simply beautiful and would make a great, unique alternative to hang on the front door during the holidays.





My dad would absolutely love this "Duck on Pond" ... wouldn't these beautiful pieces make great one-of-a-kind gifts?


There are gifts for dads, grads, new parents, and more. Have a look around the Wooden Art by Tom shop - and don't forget, everything is 25% off until the 25th!

Don't forget to tell 'em I sent you!


I received a Ted E. Bear wooden intarsia piece from Wooden Art by Tom. No other compensation was received for making this post. All opinions are, and will always be, my own.


☺☺☺☺☺

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make the blogosphere go 'round. Thanks for leaving yours!